Tuesday, December 07, 2010

a While Goes By

But the While went by so quickly I can’t describe it to you.  I think it was wearing yellow. Maybe it’ll come around again.

Child Update:

Bradford has at last found a book he enjoys reading.  It only took him 12 1/2 years or so, but he is reading, actually reading The Legend of the Guardians: The Capture.  It’s about owls, and he saw the movie that was based on it, and he’s reading it.  Seriously, people this is huge, and I am thrilled as I can be that there are 15 titles in the series.

Benjamin had a solo at the Christmas concert that he did not tell us about.  Solo as in he was the only instrument playing.  Pretty cool, and he did really well, especially when you consider he’s only been playing for a year and a half. 

Nathaniel had his first concert as well.  He also played with his brothers at the Terrace and I’m happy to report the noises coming from his trumpet are sounding better all the time. 

Grace begs almost daily to have a reading lesson. Lately she’s asked for math lessons, too.  What’s up with that?

Sadie and Sophie are still a set, and I can still write about them as a set.  I drew Sophie a picture of herself and the first thing she said to me was to draw Sadie. 

Patience is a Bug.  or a Bear.  or something rascally.  She turns two next week and I’m going distracted trying to potty train her.  Now the first thing I usually here back from people when I say I’m potty-training a child is “Potty Training in a Day.”  Of course I laugh a little because it’s not as though I’m new to the whole potty training deal, but really… not every child is that easy.  Most of mine were done within three days for the daytime and an extra two weeks max for the night.  Not Patie.  I offer her yummy drinks, and after a morning of that she realized what it would do to her and ran the other way screaming when I suggested she drink orange juice or lemonade.  Not happening.  Bath time?  Again, she screamed and ran into my bedroom and tried to hide behind my chair (thanks, Patie, but someone who shall remain unnamed already peed back there).  Why?  Because she knew the water would break down her resistance.  I’ve gotta hand it to her, though: she was sitting in two inches of warm water before the stream began to flow. 

Mark is still working hard as usual.  I work hard to spend all of his money.  Or not to spend it.  or something.  Mostly I like to run these days.  One day I’ll even run fast.  or not. 

And that’s the news from south Canton.

No comments: