Where exactly do I begin with the adventure of the doctor’s office? The schools around here were closed today because there were over 300 accidents on the icy roads last night. Maybe that number includes the abandoned cars and maybe it doesn’t, but we saw about 30 accidents and abandoned cars within 3 miles of our house this morning.
It was a long, slow trip since every-person-in-Cherokee-County-who-works-in-Atlanta decided to go into work at the exact same time I needed to go across town. Fun times. Grace kept telling Patie to stop pulling her hair, Patience screamed because she wanted her shoes off, the twins were fine, but would soon be hungry, and Bradford was reading his book.
When he got to the second-to-last chapter, he put the book aside and said “I don’t want to read anymore, because I don’t want to be bored in the doctor’s office.” Then he curled up on the seat in such a way as to see the sky and told me his plan for not being bored the rest of the way there: “I’ll just watch the telephone wires.”
No comments:
Post a Comment