Friday, October 29, 2010

We Dress Appropriately

Often we get to Joyful Noise and I notice the boys' clothes look like Goodwill rejects--torn knees, stained and dirty shirts, and weird choices for socks. I mostly don't care, but every once in awhile I do. I decide I want them to look decent. By decent I mean nothing torn, dirty, or stained. We'll work on matching things later, right? Because they're boys, and I don't want to encourage my boys to be vain. But my three standards seem to be in line with "let all things be done decently and in order."

Ben and Nate I wasn't too worried about. I gave them clear instructions as to their attire and I knew they would follow through. But then there is Bradford. Bradford heard the instructions, and he even repeated them for me, but remember them? Well, I wasn't leaving things to chance.

Mom: Bradford, are your clothes okay? Nothing torn, dirty, or stained?

Bradford: (enthusiastically) Oh, yes ma'am. There's just a little snot on my pants, but no one will notice.

Sigh. And no one will, but there it is. Some do, and some don't, as Eeyore might say.

No comments: