Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jeni Shows Some Gratitude

A friend asked me to make a list of things for which I'm thankful, like I used to do on Tuesdays on FaceBook. Of course I won't let her down, but ya know what, I'm struggling with thankfulness right now. So I'm going to be like Corrie Ten Boom's sister, whose name escapes my memory, who thanked God for the fleas in their bunkhouse and later found it was the fleas that kept the guards from bothering them.

This week I purpose to be thankful for:

1. Sadie and Sophie's one-sided mullets they gave themselves rather than take a nap on Tuesday.

2. My complete lack of energy.

3. My health issues.

4. The neighbor's dog who jumped on me when I went for my run this morning.

5. The heat and humidity of the past few days.

6. My Polder thermometer falling off the counter and breaking.

7. Ruining the double batch of cupcakes I was making for a friend by dropping an eggshell in the batter while the mixer was going.

8. The mess in my house.

9. My dad's health issues.

10. Romans 8:28-29

3 comments:

Candra Georgi said...

thank you for the idea many moons ago and thank you for being thankful for "the fleas"

you're awesome. God is going to give you 10 more great things next week!

i'm thankful you:

1. had twins at home naturally
2. serve you family even when you're tired
3. are healthy enough to chase 7 kids around [and teach them]
4. run early in the morning like a super hero [although they fly...how do they stay so skinny? is flying a good workout?]
5. will be soon nice and not hot when the temps in GA start dropping
6. no longer have to know how hot it is in your house
7. going to make cupcakes for someone else even though you have so much going on [you'll never do that again...the egg and mixer ha ha]
8. have a house you do your best to keep up with...give yourself a break you have 9 people living there
9. have a dad that's still alive and i'm sure adores you greatly
10. remember his word even when it's a hard week [or few weeks]

bonus

11. i'm thankful you taught me to be thankful and set such a great example :)

Candra Georgi said...

p.s. if you know how to hyperlink me in your post, super, if not, no big deal

Tina said...

I'm very proud of you. It so goes against our complaining selves and it seems ridiculous, but wait til you experience the blessings from it. AND you have encouraged and convicted this grumbler today to do the same. Love you Jeni. Praying for you.