Monday, March 01, 2010

the Pet Drama Continues

I am waiting for the end of the frog drama.  Remember when I had that great idea to get Ben fish instead of a Chik-Fil-A milkshake?  Trust me, it would have been a better decision to buy milkshakes for each of my children plus all our friends than to buy those fish $5 treats for the frogs.  Because they’ve both been eaten.  After Finbar was eaten, we looked into the tank each day with a bit of trepidation, and on Saturday morning the horrible but inevitable had happened.  Flipper was gone.

That does not put us back to where we began, however, because now we not only have frogs we do not care about, we also have a heater, an extra filter, pH neutralizer, and the pending expense of mailing the murdering fiends frogs back to Grow-A-Frog by priority mail.  Plus I’m still waiting for the piece from Marineland that is supposed to fix our first filter.

Pets are a Pain in the Wazoozle.  The frogs and fish are/were bad enough, but dogs.  Dogs!  Don’t get me started.  Okay, since you are so curious, I’ll tell you about a dog in my acquaintance.  Yesterday afternoon a white pit bull was found on my porch. The short story is the dog, whose name is Chloe, is deaf and mute.  --What is the point of having a pit bull that cannot hear intruders, cannot bark to warn you of them if she happens to see one, and would rather play with them than bite them anyway?!?!  At least I know when she follows me on a run, which she has done before, I’m perfectly safe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, my dear, you are NOT looking at this as you should. Let me assist.

The murderous frogs are but God's own gift to you. God's precious, precious gift to show you and Mark that, if a pair of FROGS is this big of a pain and this much of an expense, how much more so would a NORMAL pet be, that I'm sure your children will someday (if they have not yet already) clamor for?

And you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if FROGS can be this big of a pain and expense, then NO WAY, KIDS are we getting anything even more mainstream.

The frogs are a gift. A life lesson. Learn well!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Also: be ye very glad that the fish did not do their disappearing act *in front of your children*!

SomeOne said...

You're right. The act was not witnessed by the boys, but Mark did see some fin hanging out of the frog's mouth. ew.