The first step, so I’ve been told, is to admit you have a problem. So I admit it. I have a problem. If the second step is to name your problem, then I’m stuck. What do you call it when you have weather gadgets for 8 places around the world, and every time you use your computer, you must arrange them from coldest to hottest?
Beyond that bit of news, things are pretty much the same around here. At least for now. Two big things are coming up that I’m excited about. The first is Bradford’s birthday surprise, which will happen in less than two weeks. He always asks for toys, which we are not inclined to give him. We opt for experiences, which do not clutter his bedroom, cannot be stepped on or left on the stairway, and do not show up in random places around the house. Last year was the Thomas the Train experience, which he liked, but not as well as I thought he would. This year will be different. He’s gonna love his surprise, which is a 3-day trip to Florida with Daddy and his “baby” Grace. He leaves Easter evening, and I am hoping to break the news to him on Easter morning, so don’t let on that you know anything. Otherwise he will drive me crazy for the next 12 days.
The second thing I’m excited about is a day off. My last one was in September of 2007, not that I keep track or anything, but I figure it’s time for another. Just think! A whole day to myself! I can hardly contain my excitement, but I have much too much to get done before that day comes to become distracted by it. If my to-do list is not finished, I’ll end up feeling guilty on my day off and not be able to enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment