Today is the quintessential first day of Spring. Beautiful weather—not too hot, not too cold, with a slight breeze, free Rita’s Italian Ices for everyone in the family, a new bike for Ben, and a bike ride for all the boys (including daddy) at Blankets Creek are coming together to make it a perfect day. Plus, my dad fixed Sophie’s bike, and he checked my plants and informed me they were all alive.
And then there are my shoes. Bright pink. Crazy bright pink pumps I bought while on a shopping trip when I was pregnant and momentarily insane. They are just the thing for wearing while sitting on the porch or for quick trips to the mailbox. I didn’t think to change them before heading out to Wal-Mart and Rita’s. Oops. But on this beautiful First Day of Spring, it’s okay.
Oh, and of course there are the kids. Ben was telling us about a man who had hiccups for over 60 years, and then Bradford asked how long the world’s longest burp was, to which Ben very calmly replied, “probably a couple days.”
1 comment:
Bright pink pumps are great for ANY time, not just in spring!
But I have a thing about shoes...
Post a Comment