the very next day…
Sometimes I’m not sure what to call my posts, so I figured a song title was as good as anything else. And here I am, back among my lovely friends.
We had another cooking day yesterday, and although I didn’t begin planning for it until the night before, it went very well. Makes me think I should try to do more things last-minute— because my expectations were low, my stress level was low, and we ended up working very efficiently. It helps that the kids know the drill and cooperate. We ended up making 19 meals, which means a lot of food when you’re talking about meals for families of 6 and 9.
We then worked on our meal plan together, which we’ve never done, and I gave it to Beth to type up, which I’ve never done. Giving up responsibility is a good feeling.
Besides a last minute bulk cooking day, I’ve been dealing with sick kids and husband. It’s February, right? And the Thompsons always get sick in February. I’ll take the colds and coughs over day after day of puking anytime. If our trend continues, however, we’ll be up for another round of puking next February. Something to look forward too, I guess.
Some kids are a joy to have as invalids for a day. Sophie, when she was sick at my parents’ house, lay on my dad’s chair all day, never saying a word. Sadie, on the other hand, is as high-maintenance as another boy whom I will not name. She climbed into bed with me a couple days ago and started whining that she needed water. she wanted medicine. she wanted her daddy because her foot hurt. (?) her mouth wouldn’t work. she needed more water. she didn’t want me to help with breakfast. Fun. She’s on the mend, but the whining is persisting into healthfulness, which means she needs more, medicine.
Off now to Costco, Krispy Kreme, and band.
1 comment:
Krispy Kreme. Oooooo.... YUM!
You are so incredibly funny. I just get the biggest kick out of your posts!
This was the best part:
"If our trend continues, however, we’ll be up for another round of puking next February. Something to look forward too, I guess."
You always make me laugh!
And my family is all sick right now, too, with colds and flu and such. Great fun.
Although you and I diverge on the topic. I would a ZILLION TIMES rather they were puking. But, then again, mine are older.
Post a Comment