Well, then. November never was my favorite month. In fact, it has historically been my worst month. But it’s over, thank God, and I look forward to better things for December and the year to come.
December is always a slow-down month. I know many people are crazy-busy in December, and I hear lots of complaints about that, but I have yet to meet one person whose busy-ness was not their own doing and completely voluntary.
We don’t do much in December. School, but no band on Fridays; bake some cookies, and wait around until Mark is out for two weeks. We don’t go to parties, and we don’t shop much because we don’t buy much.
Peaceful. November is icky, sticky, picky, tricky. December is peaceful and quiet. ah.. do you hear that? it’s the bread rising. and that? it’s the pages of a book turning as I read to the children. Come to my house on a crisp December day, and we can watch birds together while we sip tea.
1 comment:
"I know many people are crazy-busy in December, and I hear lots of complaints about that, but I have yet to meet one person whose busy-ness was not their own doing and completely voluntary."
Quite true!
It's supposed to snow here Saturday morning. As of today. :P
Post a Comment