Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Ten

This week I’m especially thankful that

1. God does all things well.

2. Mark and I got away for two nights. We haven’t done that since our honeymoon, unless you count a)going to Peru for a week where we didn’t even sleep in the same room or b)going to Orlando for a conference which kept us occupied and away from each other all day, or c)having a baby in the hospital.  Yeah.  Exactly.

3. My parents made this possible. 

4. The children’s reception of us when we came home.

5. Debby’s thank-you note.  It’s in my nightstand along with a thank-you note written by her years ago when I made part of her birthday dinner. 

6. People in general and the Beisners in particular who have walked beside us as we learned to parent and work as a husband-wife team and grow in our faith.  Anything good you see in us is possible in large measure because of them.

7. Homemade granola, Florida citrus, and a lovely Kalanchoe sitting on my counter when I came home.

8. Susan’s new CD set sitting on my counter when I came home.  It’s now in the CD player, and we are happy to see “He Who Would Valiant Be” among the 88 that made the cut.

9. The kids are in bed, and we are more prepared for the Sabbath than we ever have been.

10. The house is tidy and we’re ready for the three week push until Christmas break.

No comments: