Monday, September 28, 2009

It Rains in the Woods

I don’t think I mentioned Saturday’s run on my blog.  I fell down a slick mud slope, hurting my knee, but I kept running.  And I’m so glad I did.  We had actually stopped to walk for a bit on account of my injury, and Aimee’s sister Mo saw a snake.  A Copperhead!  I was excited to use my fairly new knowledge of snakes to… walk around it.  But hey, I walked within four feet of the thing and I wasn’t the least bit scared. 

Fast-forward to tonight.  One of my sons had to relieve himself, and naturally went into the woods rather than the house.  He looked down and realized he was wetting a Copperhead that was about a foot from him.  The snake then moseyed on his way to the woodpile.  Not only are Copperheads not aggressive when left alone, rain from the body does not bother them in the least.  Good information, I’m sure.  And with that I’ll leave you to ponder which of my sons was brave enough to continue his mission even when he realized where he was aiming. 

No comments: