My friend Beth has recently been studying personality types. I’m not sure what I am naturally, because sanctification is so evident in my life that I’m practically perfect. NOT. I think I’m melancholy, which means having 15 kids and 2 other moms in my house to make 40 frozen meals (and eat 3) does not come naturally or easily. My hat is off to Debby, who would regularly make food for Friday night Bible study, cinnamon rolls or some other yummy thing for Saturday morning men’s prayer meeting, and a huge Sabbath feast every. single. week. and make it seem like nothing could be easier. And to my mother, who regularly hosts large parties and never stresses about it. Or my sister, who can make gourmet meals for umpteen in a flash.
But what is sanctification if not making us step out of our comfort zones and rely on God’s grace to change us. This week has been such a week, what with the cleaning on Monday, the doctor’s visit and shopping on Tuesday, the cleaning and preparation for our cooking day today, the cooking day tomorrow, and then Friday and Saturday will be devoted to cleaning and planning and packing for vacation and getting ready for the in-laws visit. Oh, and my new plant guy friend and wife are coming to look over my yard on Saturday. And of course this was the week we added a fourth run. Very, very busy, and very un-me. God is good, though, to give me friends to pray for me, and to make me pray more for myself. I liken it to spiritual growing pains, only it’s prayer rather than ibuprofen that helps.
Another personality test divides people into lions, beavers, otters, and golden retrievers. Tomorrow we have an otter, a golden retriever, and a beaver going to work in my kitchen… should be interesting, and the otter should keep things fun!
I guess I probably should have cleaned the bathroom rather than write this, or maybe I should’ve gone straight to bed, but writing sometimes helps me clear my mind of the clutter that builds up. Good night, fair readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment