Benjamin is such a finicky old man when it comes to food. He no longer complains out loud (he learned that lesson long ago), but I know when he doesn’t like something I’ve made. He also considers himself a chef-in-training, so I will sometimes solicit his opinion of a particular thing I’m in the process of making. He doesn’t particularly like honey, so when I commented that I was going to put a little honey in the chai tea frappuccinos I was making, he and all the others except Bradford opted out and took theirs before I made the adulteration. But mine and Bradford’s tasted better, and once Ben tried it, he agreed that it was the best I’ve yet made.
And then there is the pizza that I make. I know they like my crust, because they’ve told me that before, but they hated eating pizza because they didn’t like my idea of pizza sauce, which was tomato sauce with a little oregano tossed on it. Hmmf. It was not the best sauce, but really, it wasn’t horrible, either. But today I was in a foody kind of mood, so I looked up a pizza sauce recipe and tried it out. All boys declared that my pizza was either almost as good, as good, or better than Little Caesar’s. Which is high praise coming from them, especially since there was honey in the sauce as well. Even the toddler I had over today ate four pieces, so I guess majority wins and we’ll keep the recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment