
It is my kitchen. Notice the crockpot. Dinner is not yet started. The cookie sheets have been there since last night, because I yakked at Mark rather than clean up the mess. The chocolate soymilk is on the counter, and still is. The floor hasn't been swept for two days. It looks like this more often than I care to admit.
My bed is unmade.
I'm still in my pajamas.
I instructed my children to clean their rooms before they are free to do any playing, and then I walked past the basket of clean, unfolded baby clothes to come downstairs and mope about my disorderly habits and hyprocrisy.
It seems I want to cry over my sin rather than do anything about it. Sigh. I'm reading Stepping Heavenward right now. It tells how a young, careless, thoughtless girl grows into a godly woman. My life is about half over, and though I desire--in a weak way--to be godly, I'm still careless and thoughtless. Sigh. What kind of example I am for Grace, Sadie, and Sophie?
Blah. Feeling a bit Toady today, I guess. And then I get this in my inbox:
I've ruined one Bible from a lot of use that had to be trashed....I love readingThere's your real superwoman. May I grow to be like her.
God's word, John Calvin, Martyn Lloyd Jones, Matthew Henry, & Spurgeon in
that order. I love apologetics, praying, encouraging the lost or discouraged, reading aloud to our children, and one on one evangelism to people I have relationships with.
8 comments:
We are kindred spirits today Jeni as I could have written much of that post myself. I pray that you can rise above your wallowing and do something about it, and you can pray that for me too!! Thanks for being real!
Love you!
Tina
PS I LOVE Stepping Heavenward! Oh for the time to read it again! But I suppose I should try reading my Bible again first so mine will have to fall apart from too much use.
Love your kitchen by the way!! :):)
Yuck. I hate that dishrack. That is one reason I don't like cleaning my kitchen--it doesn't look nice if that rack is there. And it's too small or awkward for most of the dishes I do by hand. But the dishes do dry faster.
We've not decided on the cabinets, and now we're even undecided on what to do with the layout. Oh! for a kitchen designer.
Smile! We are all "superwomen" in the Lords eye's even on our worst days.
Take Care
Cassie
I'm glad I have Jordan--that's what my kitchen (and every other room) would always look like otherwise.
I'm glad I have Jordan--otherwise that's how my kitchen (and every other room) would always look. Does that make me as messy as six kids? That's pretty bad, I guess.
You need a phonecall, Jeni?
That superwoman is super only in Christ. What a great story it was, too. Stay tuned and you'll see her down days. She's a sinner just like you and me.
We're always fighting the second law of thermodynamics, no?
Or not.
Once asked the father of fourteen how they raise kids and he told me that the most important part was to let the kids see us handling real life in godly ways, facing our sin and confessing and moving on as God sanctifies us, painful process that it is. I am sure that GracE, Sadie, and Sophie would be very defeated women if their mom was always on top of things, a superwoman you call it. Because they, like you, are sinners and weak and will be given to tiredness as mothers of little ones, and if they had your perfection to compare themselves to they might not even try.
My back hurts and my room is a mess. But I cleaned my blue bottles today and made lasagna for supper.
Tomorrow is another day.
Thank you, dear friends, for pouring out encouragement on me. I am grateful for the Internet.
Post a Comment