Thursday, November 30, 2006

Jeni Eats Eggs

Things look much brighter today. I won't go into all the whys of this; suffice it to say the cloud has lifted.

I awakened this morning, as usual, to the crying of Sophie, but when I checked the time it was 6 AM!!!! Hooray for sleep. I didn't need any more sleep, so I did some reading in bed until Bradford came in and told me to come down to eat my eggs. He had gone down to the (now clean) kitchen when he awakened and made us eggs. Nevermind that it took three days of soaking and scrubbing to get the pan clean last time he made eggs. Nevermind that he again neglected to oil the pan properly and it will take another three days to get it clean. I walked downstairs and ate my eggs with a heart overflowing with thankfulness and love.

And now I'm off to spend another day with my children, welcoming the sanctifying they do in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Bradford!! God's mercies are new every morning.
Love,
Tina

Compleat Mom said...

So I was thinking in the kitchen today while Becky was telling me of the time when all the boys got to make their own apple pies (i.e. Becky made apple pies all day) about your generosity to your kids and what a great "mom" you are. I compared my past self to you; I never had the patience or the desire to let my kids have so much fun. Partly the control freak in me. Couldn't stand to have to clean off eggs a second time. And reading these posts this evening, reminds me of this wonderful "mom" quality you have and I praise God for you. And your humor DOES come through in your writing. Mark is a blessed man. Your children are blessed, too. And one day they will rise up and bless you, you blessed woman.

Your friend.

Anonymous said...

I agree Debby, I am WAY too uptight to let my kids make messes like that. SIGH
God please change me.