Are you wondering why Mark went into the dark? He had to, that's why. Bradford's glow stick somehow starting leaking all over his floor. In order to see the specks all over his carpet to clean it up the lights had to be off.
Today the kids and I went to my mother's house to clean. This is such a wonderful opportunity for the boys to learn about service to others. Grandma wasn't there, so it was not a play time. Ben vacuumed, Bradford swept, and Nathaniel dusted. None of them did a great job, but they'll never learn if they never practice. Because Ben worked so cheerfully (he also wiped down all her cabinet fronts and helped shake rugs) I let him choose a movie to watch while I did some deeper cleaning. The trickiest part was dusting my father's nightstand. Hmmm. Dad, you need to go through those papers in the basket. I didn't throw anything away except an empty package of Fisherman's Friend, but do you REALLY need ticket stubs to Dixie Speedway and 10 3" screws and a nail? [side true story: My Volkswagen door handle broke when I was still living at home, and I mentioned it to my dad. He told to wait a minute, and he went to his nightstand drawer. Lo! and behold, a spare Volkswagen door handle was in it! Scary.]
Mark just informed me that he heard snorting in the closet. That probably means Sophie managed to turn over in her basket and doesn't like it. At any rate, I need to investigate, so it'll be in another post that I write about Grace and her tiara.
1 comment:
Now I REALLY think you are supermom!! Yeah Jeni!!! You inspire me.
Love the part about the car door handle!
Post a Comment