Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Twinkies Go to Sleep

Twinkies! I had never heard that before, but I think it's cute. Today I'm home from church again with snotty babies. I propped them side by side on my pillow this morning, and when I returned they had fallen asleep against one another. Sweet. I didn't take the time to get a picture before I put them in the Pack-n-Play, and of course I reget that. Maybe they'll do it again.

Random news (Kilby style):
  • We now have garage door openers. I no longer have to get a ladder, yank the door up all the way, and tie it to the track with electrical wire. I now push a button. That's fun.
  • I took the 6 kids to the grocery store by myself for the first time yesterday. Bradford pushed the twins in their stroller, Grace sat in the cart, and Nathaniel and Ben got stuff for me. It wasn't all that bad, and Sophie even fell asleep in the store. Heather wants a picture of this, so maybe next time I venture out I'll snag a bag boy to take one.
  • The woods and trees are beautiful without leaves.
  • Our tree is up and decorated. All the boys (including Grandpa) went to cut one down. The new Georgia tradition is to use Leyland Cypress for Christmas trees. It's, uh, interesting.

We also ventured out this month to a Planetarium. It's about an hour north from our house, and I did it alone. Bradford did double duty sitting between the twins, and Ben was my navigator. Both did well, except Ben got a little tired at the end and was telling me to turn on "Nefflewooey." He is only six, after all.

This was a field trip for Ben's astronomy class, and we weren't sure if there would be enough seats for Bradford and Nathaniel. There were, plus enough for Grace. I was out in the lobby with the twins and Bradford came rushing out: "Grace is screaming!" She got scared when the lights were turned out. Have you ever gone from a bright lobby into a pitch dark planetarium to rescue a crying toddler? I have!

And now I hear the garage being opened, which means my other kids are home. Off to them.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I want to see a picture of the grocery shopping too! :) Amazing, Jeni. How old is Bradford again? And the twins? This is probably in your profile. I should go look there instead of bothering the busy lady. :) Sending you an e-mail very soon, I promise!

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Becky said except I AM grown up!!

I have ventured to the grocery store and to Target a few times.... it's been fun. Sure my boys can do what yours do, but what is most impressive and wonderful is that yours are doing it at such younger ages! I love it.
Love,
Tina

Compleat Mom said...

Cal wants to know what is a Nefflewooey?