Friday, July 14, 2006

Ben Tells His Story

Nathaniel and I are making bleach in our new company. The special thing about this bleach is that dad can wash crayon off of a drawing board. Love, Ben.

That is the shortened version. Now I'll tell you what Mark told me. Last night we were wondering where the kids were--too quiet, if you know what I mean. He went in search of stray children, and found Nathaniel and Benjamin busy in the upstairs bathroom. They were working on the product for their new company Non-Stain Bleach. This entailed filling a Hi-C bottle with soap and water and shaking it. Then wanting to see if it worked, Nathaniel dumped some into the sink and was using the toilet brush to clean it out. Doing a good job, according to Mark.

And then there is my little (often) misunderstood engineer. He had a meltdown yesterday because Auntie M was in the basement throwing away what everyone in the world (except engineers) would call trash. Little tiny broken pieces of toys are USEFUL, don't ya know.

Grace has gotten over her initial fear of Auntie M and is now begging for her to paint her fingernails and toenails. What a girlie-girl!

And let me not forget to mention our picture-taking experience. Trying to get 6 kids to sweetly pose for pictures in the heat of summer is not the most fun I've had this year. Grace was completely uncooperative and is only in about two of the pictures. Who knows how the others turned out.

Tomorrow we head up to Tennessee for a family reunion and a visit to Uncle Eric's house. We were going to go up today and spend the night in a hotel, but I think that is too much for my fragile mental state at this time. May I be perfectly honest and say that I don't really want to go anywhere with my four children this late in my pregnancy. But if I've learned nothing else these past six months, I've learned that what I want is rarely what God wants for me.

One day I'll write about the whole experience of moving with the advantage of hindsight, but for now I'll leave you with re-assurance that my faith that what God brings about in my life is perfect has increased seven-fold, and I'm learning to trust Him for the future as well.

Now to change an aromatic baby...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's your picture blog?