Friday, July 21, 2006

A Post Is Written for No Particular Reason

I don't really have anything to say, but I feel that I must put something new to look at on my blog. So this post will either be very short and to the point or long and rambling and pointless.

The boys are now rotating who "gets" to sleep with their sister. It sounds so fun to them until they are actually left in the room with her. Evidently she has a lot on her mind from the day which she unloads on whatever brother is with her that night, because she just won't be quiet. Jabber, jabber, jabber-- until the brother comes out to complain or we take pity on our son and go make her stop.

On the way up to Tennessee, Bradford was in the rare state of being perfectly delightful. As we headed out of Chattanooga he saw a particularly beautiful mountain and exclaimed, "Oh, how beautiful! ... I think I smell the dumpster. Yup, there's a bird." My poor son has lived in Florida for so long he thought all hills were really dumps that stink and have birds flying over them. How happy he was to learn otherwise, and how happy he was to see brown roads. At another point on our journey he was talking away about something, but I wasn't listening. I turned to Mark and under my breath asked to whom Bradford was speaking. A perky voice answered from the back "Oh, just anyone who will listen."

Now it is time for lunch, and I've got two kids crying in the basement. I'm sure it's serious, as it always is.

2 comments:

Compleat Mom said...

Love it. Keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

I laughed until I cried! That is SO funny about the dump! :D

Miss you guys!!