Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Everyone Likes a House Except Jeni

Same song, third verse... (or fourth if you count the first house I fell in love with that the owners decided not to sell)

Making an offer on a house. The only difference between this house and the others is that I don't like it. Everyone else does like it. My mom approves the driveway; my father the neighborhood. My sister likes it; the kids like it; Mark likes it. This is very hard for me, because I know I should like it, have no good reason not to like it, but the fact remains that I just. don't. like it. It makes me cry to even think about living in this nasty little house. The only hope I have is that the sellers won't accept our offer. And then we'd officially be homeless, because options 3 and 4 (see below) are no longer options. But we have it on pretty good authority that the sellers are getting desperate to sell it and probably will take what they can get.

What did the fish say when he ran into a cement wall?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Words fail. I emailed you instead.

~jos boys

Anonymous said...

Jennifer it's still all in God's hands; maybe He'll show you why you're to have this house once you get into it. Then again, if Mama ain't happy....

Take care Julie

Compleat Mom said...

And if it is any consolation, Jennifer: remember how I cried when I met Cal cause he was the one God had for me. I didn't see it then. I see it now. ;-)

Kilby said...

Um, did it say..."ouch"?

;)

I LOVE YOU! (And I miss you, but I won't say that lest I make you feel sad.)

SomeOne said...

Yup. Kilby, that is exactly what that fish said. And that's what I'm saying about the whole house hunting ordeal. I need someone to slap me and tell me it's only a stinkin' house-just buy one already!