The schooly part of our home education program has officially ended for the year. The boys worked hard these past 12 weeks or so, and now they get a break—until June 5, when we begin our next academic session.
Home schooling parents are quick to say that we don’t just school our children, we educate them, and there is still plenty of education happening. Our educational activities for the next week will include the really important things like discovering the properties of silly putty, improving our baseball skills, sharpening all the dull crayons and pencils in the house, using all mommy's tape and staples for unique creations, learning the finer points of laundering, sleeping in, memorizing James 1, and (if I’m feeling up to it) traipsing to Butterfly World.
Then we will put our noses to the grindstone and attack another six weeks of book learning. At the end of that time we may or may not still be in Florida, Mark may or may not have a job in Georgia, our house may or may not have sold, and I’ll be less than 6 weeks away from giving birth. I completely understand the wisdom of the verse “Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof,” so please don’t ask questions about our future right now. I am prone to worry and fear, yet there is no need for that. God is working our circumstances out for His glory and our good, and as I must learn to be content not knowing a single detail, so must you. Today I am well-fed, regaining health, somewhat rested, and beloved by God more than I’ll ever fully comprehend. Isn’t that enough?
2 comments:
Boy, can I relate! Maybe we should make T-shirts that say "I don't KNOW what the plan is or where we will be living. STOP ASKING!" But that isn't very nice, I guess. I'm just glad that I'm so busy thinking about Iain coming that it has helped to slay the worry. You really should go to Butterfly World if you can. It is so beautiful and relaxing.
Macon!? Whoa, cool Laura!
Jeni: It's quite enough, isn't it. :) To the extent that a single, childless, dependent can be, I'm in the same boat with you and Jordan this summer. What a crazy ride! God is so good!
Post a Comment