Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Jeni Wears Flip Flops

I have always been very bad about losing my shoes. I am used to finding piles of them under the couch or beside the bed or in the garage, but I am used to finding them. But despite two very serious search efforts, the whereabouts of my cute white canvas shoes remains a mystery. My parents' house is big, almost 4000 sf, but it is finite, and I think I've looked every place that would make sense, so I suspect foul play. I've offered a reward to any boy who finds them; we'll see how long it takes to get them back.

But in the meantime, I must have something to wear on my feet when I do really important things like shop for a white shirt. My mother's feet are bigger than mine, as are my father's, but I did find some flip flops that fit. Eeww. I hate flip flops: that horrible feeling of something between my toes. I NEVER wear things between my toes. But I was desparate, so I gave in.

I should have accepted the loss of shoes as Providential, because although I found a $3 white shirt at Kohl's, the boys also persuaded me to buy them each an $8 costume. Okay, they asked me, and I had already examined them thinking I'd like to, so I gave in. Now I have a dragon, a bumble bee, and a lady bug running around.

They really are delicious. The dragon (Ben) wants the bumble bee (Bradford) to pretend he's the father. But the bumble bee says he couldn't possibly be the father of a dragon. The dragon reasons that yes it is, because fathers are bigger- bigger bottoms, bigger eyes, bigger hands- and since the bumble bee is bigger, he must be the father. Pretty good logic for a dragon.

I'm in the basement blogging and watching a show put on by my three creatures. The dragon and bumble bee have learned how to climb up a doorway, and the lady bug is content to run under their legs when they are at the top. And now the dragon has just informed me that "honey, I'm leaving." So I guess I need to continue to watch the show put on by my everlastingly cute boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, if you took up Bradford's toe-flossing habits, flip-flops might not be such a big deal. Maybe he's onto something!