I was planning to make (and serve) my Thanksgiving meal all through the month as I had time, and I've been steadily checking off things on my Thanksgiving Feast List.
Pumpkin Pie...check.
Pecan Pie...check.
Pumpkin Bread...check.
Yeast Rolls...check.
Mashed Potatoes...check.
German Chocolate Cookies...check.
We only needed to eat turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, noodles, and cranberry sauce. No problem.
Except...Mark's parents are going to be in town. I was expecting them to be traveling, but they'll be back Monday afternoon. Not a syllable has been breathed about getting together for dinner, but for this family, that does not mean it won't happen. But where will it be(should I clean my house and get my china ready?) and who is making the turkey (it needs to thaw for several days, so should I buy one?). Agh. My sister-in-law Erin is our social activities director, but she and my b-i-law will be in Tampa with her family, so the remaining highly disorganized part of the family is left to muddle through as we can. Or not. Who knows.
But it doesn't matter if we get together or not. This holiday season will not be a time of celebration or feasting for me, anyway. Lizzy refuses to let me eat chocolate, and if there is no chocolate, there is no celebration. And I would really like to be able to wear something besides my elastic waist shorts.
Now someone explain to me why my daughter is waking up screaming about an hour after she goes down for the night. This is a fairly new development, and I'm ready for it to end. If I were to go to her, she would not nurse, only pass gas and scream and chew on my fingers. I have cut out all chocolate, which I thought was the culprit--I don't even look at chocolate anymore. AGH. What a way to end a blog.
Though my daughter screams her head off, yet will I praise God...
3 comments:
Oh Jeni I just have to say that I just LOVE you and I LOVE your writing style and I LOVE your blog.
As for your screaming daughter, all I can do is offer you lots of online hugs and tell you that I've been there and it's HARD. Well, and I'm super jealous. What I would give for a baby daughter... well.. it can't be measured, that's for sure.
Hang in there, honey. I sure wish you lived closer.
Love,
Kolbi
"If there is no chocolate, there is no celebration."
May I quote you? In fact, may I adopt it as my life motto?
As for your closing remark. Is this Habakkuk 3:18 out of the Thompson Bible Paraphrase?
Cut out dairy? Ask Pam? Just get Kolbi's e-hugs for another three months? Check to make sure she's not DYING and then just shut her in a room and let her cry? I pray that God will be glorified and you will be given much patience in this affliction. Kolbi's right: Lizzy is worth it. You'll see.
Deb
Post a Comment