Yes, we know the who, what, and where of Thanksgiving, and it's only Tuesday! We'll be going to my in-laws in the afternoon. She hasn't been in Florida for Thanksgiving for many a long year, and she wants to do all the cooking. God bless her. I am taking whole wheat yeast rolls and real cranberry sauce, but only because I want to.
I hate crafts. They are messy, ugly, space thieves. But about once a year or so, my children beg to do crafts, and I give in. Okay. We can do a craft, but what? Benjamin suggested using Sculpey, so we made Christmas ornaments and painted them. Some of them turned out okay, but it was messy (I had to scrape paint off of my new dining room chairs :(), most of the ornaments are ugly(like the yellow, green, orange, and purple snowman that Ben said was dressed for Halloween), and now we've got 21 more ornaments to put on the tree. Unless I can convince them that other people would like to have their creations. Hmm. Cousin Liam and Sean would LOVE to have an ornament, and I'm sure those snowmen would look great on Grandma's tree. All-in-all, it was a sanctifying experience, and since I was not perfectly patient and sweet when they got paint on themselves and the furniture, I don't suppose my children will want to do crafts for a long time.
The update on the children... My darling daughter continues her nightly ritual of screaming. This, too, shall pass. We just won't plan on leaving at night until it does.
Nathaniel is as adorable as ever. Today he wanted to mop, so I let him use the Swiffer while I swept. Then he went into the kitchen and said, "this is disgusting." I suggested that he get a wet rag to clean up the dried spills, so he did. Then he went and wiped up the dining room floor. He's a great little cleaner.
Benjamin is having some serious issues right now. He feels like he needs to urinate, but either very little or nothing comes out. We ruled out infection and diabetes at the doctor's office, so now what? BUT, he finished reading Hop on Pop to me today!!! He said he'd read it all to daddy tomorrow.
And Bradford. He's soooo...well, he's so Bradford. Someday he'll want to read, I hope. But in the meantime, he'll invent and create and imagine. And drive me crazy. I guess he's too much like me.
In case I do not write again soon, Happy Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment