Wednesday, November 17, 2004

a Garden Is Planted at Our House and Butterflies Are Released

It's soooo pretty. I have always wanted a beautiful garden, but I never knew how to go about getting one. I found out, quite by accident (humanly speaking), that a lady in our church loves to garden. So I finally asked her if she would help me. She agreed.

"Help" is an understatement. Robin came, she saw, she designed, she dug, she planted. She even called me to make sure I was watering the new plantings everyday. Almost all of the plants were cuttings from her own garden, and she refused to accept anything for them.

Today she was here to finish her work in the front, and the result is lovely. So my house was a busy place today. Peter played with the boys, Debby held Lizzy and took pictures, Robin dug and planted, and I tried to help. I was more of a nuisance than a help, so I gave up and watched Robin finish the planting.

Bradford was most excited about releasing his butterflies. I ordered them a few weeks ago, and we've enjoyed watching them grow from caterpillars to butterflies. I actually witnessed two of them emerging from their chrysallis, which was a miraculous sight. And they really are the perfect pet. You have them for two-three weeks, and then you let them go. Hopefully they won't go far, since we have some great flowers for them to enjoy.

And now it's time for me to do something a bit more mundane... go make a list of things to do tomorrow. Maybe I'll do some schooling..... hmmm..

No comments: