Tuesday, March 17, 2026

Jeni Has Tea and Hosts Six Displaced Children

 I didn't take pictures, because I never think to take pictures. But today during my afternoon time monitoring at the B building entrance, I had a St. Patrick's Day tea. A fancy tea. Like salmon-on-cucumber fancy. The lead monitor confessed a love for tea several weeks past, and I brought a tea on the next Timothy day. Including my real tea cups. Today she reciprocated and showed me how it is really done. Everything was exquisite. And she even brought St. Patrick's Day decorations. We are already planning another in April. Tea drinkers unite, I say. 

In other news, my husband found out a family was displaced during repairs to their rental house, and he asked if we could host the children. For how long I know not, but we could not ignore their plight. Now we have three young rambunctious boys jumping on our trampoline and three others calmly working on schoolwork. Sadie was making dinner, but not enough for all the extras, so Mark stopped for pizza to fill in the gaps. What an evening this will be. 


No comments: