How long does it take to put up shelves? All summer. Not kidding. I just went through the house and counted the shelves we put up—34 downstairs; 59 upstairs. 93 shelves! All for about $4-5 per shelf, according to Mark. The result is a thing of beauty and function.
Even though we had purchased wood enough to do shelves in the kitchen, we thought maybe whoever made our cabinets should put shelves up so they looked the same. I don’t know when that will happen, though, so I asked Mark to put up just two in the kitchen. Wow. I love the colors, and these two shelves convinced me my kitchen could be both a functional workshop and a beautiful space. I may ask him to go ahead and put in the rest. It would certainly make our dining room more beautiful, because right now all the pantry items that should be on open shelves in the kitchen are on a shelf in the dining room.
The oval spice jars I purchased from My Spice Sage, and the flip top containers we bought at IKEA. I think it would look better with either different labels or labels on the bottom where no one sees them. Next up: more photos than you really want to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment