Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jeni Makes Healthy Things to Eat

Yup.  Right on cue, I’m going all healthy again.  I did it once when a friend turned 40 and I wanted to fit in, and now that I’m turning 40, I’m doing it for myself.  I’m making the kids and myself kefir drinks every morning, and I’m making plenty of homemade bread and muffins and pancakes from freshly-milled flour. 

Two wonderful things have happened because of the changes we’ve made.  No, three.  First, Patie’s digestive tract is now working properly—no more bloody stools and no more screaming fits because she doesn’t want to go.  Hallelujah!  Then there is the disappearance of Bradford’s canker sores.  Horrible things that would come in huge crops in his mouth making it difficult for him to talk and impossible for him to play trombone.  Hooray!  And lastly, Mark is eating breakfast now.  He’s downstairs now fixing himself a kefir, fruit, nut, and flax seed smoothie which he’ll grab out of the refrigerator tomorrow morning along with a pumpkin muffin.  Oh, the joy!

No comments: