Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Things Break. a Lot of Things Break.

So this autumn I'm learning about gratitude in the midst of petty trials. Let me share with you what I mean...

First of all, I'm thankful that Mark has a job. I'm thankful we are naturally frugal people. And I'm thankful we have an emergency fund. Because an emergency fund is what makes the following list an annoyance rather than something much worse:

Things that have been recently fixed, are in the process of being fixed, or waiting to be fixed, costing us thousands of dollars
  1. Broken AC
  2. Broken furnace
  3. Broken dryer
  4. Leaking shower drain
  5. Broken camera
  6. Mini-van in need of repair

That's a lot of money going out of our checking account--easily over 10% of Mark's salary in the space of two months. But I'm not panicking, I'm not canceling Christmas, and I'm not going out to get a job. God is good, and He has provided and will provide.

2 comments:

A Daring Adventure said...

Oh my goodness, honey. Yes, that is a LOT of broken things.

And someday - in all your spare time! - I would love to hear your recipe for budgeting success!

Hugs to you, and so sorry there are so many broken things in your world right now...

SomeOne said...

Mvelopes. See, that didn't take much time now, did it?