Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We Descend Upon the Doctor’s Office

I thought we were all going to the doctor’s office today, but Bradford somehow didn’t make it into the van.  He’s 12; it was no big deal, and actually better because he got some school work done.  But the rest of my kiddos came with me to take the Twinkles for their well-child visit. 

Patie arrived sans clothing and I dressed her in the elevator.  We left the diaper bag on the floor of the garage.  I didn’t notice the absence of my son until I was halfway to the office.  Sadie had a stitch in her chin still that I had not noticed.  Sigh.  This pretty much sums up my scattered life right now.  Sometimes I find my groove, we get on a great schedule and things just happen when they are supposed to.  It’s fabulous.  And then there are times that I don’t remember appointments, have to cancel on friends because of bad planning on my part, get to places only half prepared, and in general exhibit poor organizational skills. 

Overwhelmed mother of seven.  That’s what I am.  I even have a friend coming to watch all of my kids while I run errands or do whatever I want to on Thursday, and have I thought of a decent list of things to get done?  Of course not!  It’ll hit me Thursday night what I should have done with my time. 

Blah.  Sorry for the Toady post, but I’ve felt like Toad for awhile now.  Blah.  And no matter what optimistic thing you say or suggest, I’m sure I can come up with a Toady reason it won’t work. 

3 comments:

Tina said...

Start a gratitude journal and maybe your Toadiness will go away. (been feeling the same way myself lately) Let's get our eyes off ourselves and back on Jesus!!! Love you.

Tina said...

He cannot love you any more or less for having it more together or less together. And it is no virtue, but bearing with all things is. (TALKING TO MYSELF HERE!! ACTUALLY, YELLING AT MYSELF HERE... ) LOVE YOU!!!!

SomeOne said...

My toadiness will not go away. I'm thankful for my toadiness, because when I'm toady people leave me alone.

(See what I mean? My goal is to be the most pathetic, self-absorbed, ungrateful person I know, and I'm making a great start. Don't mess it up.)

Seriously, I am better today.