Sadie fell out of bed on Sunday and knocked her chin against a nightstand. I am so not a nurse, but I did somehow manage to clean up the excess blood and adhere butterfly bandages to the gaping hole on her chin. I then gave her Tylenol and she cuddled on me and fell back to sleep.
We had decided that her wound was urgent rather than an emergency, which meant we needed to wait until 9 a.m. to take her to the Children’s Urgent Care. Honestly, had we gone to the Children’s Hospital in Atlanta, we may not have been seen any earlier, so I’m glad we made the decision we did.
The nurses and doctor were wonderful. Gave her numbing medicine on her wound, gave her medicine to put her three sheets to the wind, plopped her in a straightjacket and stitched her up. She moved hardly a muscle, to the utter amazement of the doctor who was so impressed with her that he personally brought her 5 stickers.
Stickers on body, we headed to Starbucks for a treat… the only drunk preschooler in Starbucks that Sunday morning, I’m sure.
In other news, Patience is very self-reliant. Can’t reach your toothbrush on the counter? Well, grab the stool from Mommy’s closet, climb up and get your toothbrush. And while you’re at it, grab Mommy’s, too, and take it to her—no matter where in the house she might happen to be—because when she takes her brush back to the bathroom she’ll be more likely to get you toothpaste.
She is so naughty! I guess she’s trying to be as naughty as the twins were together. At least it’s easier to keep track of one than two, so I shouldn’t complain too much.
And now I have a toothbrush in my lap, and you know what that means…
No comments:
Post a Comment