Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Bradford Types the Day Away

How it happened is irrelevant, but these sorts of things are not uncommon for Bradford.  He has an old IBM electric typewriter now, and he and his brothers have been typing, typing, typing since yesterday afternoon.  Letters, lists, spelling words, Catechism answers, pretty much anything… but I think my favorite are the letters.  I received one first thing this morning:

Good moring

have you had enouf sleep?

Y did you not go runing?

did the twins wayk you up?

sorrey for all the queshtans .

pleese waik me up wen you go running .

hay mom gess what the LEGO store is making a raccar and you get to tayk it home!

so can we plees go plees?write your anser-________.

(if the anser is yes. I love you mom.

but if the anser is no. whatever.)

well if the anser is no I under stand.

if the Anser is yes I will pack the car the last satterday of the month.

And later:

I LOVE MOM AND DAD [and then he made a heart out of 1’s]

                                    I LIKE WHEN THEY TAKE ME TO GRANDMAS HOUSE

                    I AM THANKFUL FOR THEM BECOUS THEY FEED ME

I LIKE BEN AND NATE BECOUS THEY ARE MY BROTHERS

                   I LIKE MY SISTERS BECAUSE THEY ARE CUTE

I LOVE MY FAMILY BECAUSE EVRY ONE CAN HELP IN LIFE

 

EVERYONE IN OUR FAMILY IS AWESOME!

(NO ONE IS STUPID OR AN IDIOT)

Some things just have to be preserved, and now even if I lose the letters, I’ll have a record of them.  I love Bradford.  Reading lesson today consisted of me reading off spelling words and him alternately fiddling with his machine and typing the words.  Fortunately I was working on my handwriting while he was fiddling, so I wasn’t impatient with him.  I probably could have left to clean a bathroom and he wouldn’t have noticed.  One thing about it, life is not dull with Bradford around.

2 comments:

Tina said...

That letter sounds SO MUCH like something Joshua would write, especially the asking for something and filling in the blank.

Anonymous said...

"No one is stupid or an idiot." ROFLOL!!!!