Grace just turned 6 on Thursday, and if I get my lazy self in gear I’ll eventually post pictures from her birthday tea party. Don’t hold your breath.
Anyway, with so many children, birthdays are fairly simple affairs. The boys decide with me what I should spent the allotted amount on, and although their gifts are rarely surprises, they get exactly what they want. But Grace has no concept of money, so she asked for a bike, roller skates, a scooter, boots, socks, and and brush. Yeah, right. We got the boots on sale, the socks were purchased with a gift certificate, and I got her a kids’ music CD—and then money was gone. I told her that we have enough scooters, and she probably wouldn’t use skates much, but she really did need a bike because hers was broken, so we just prayed for one…. it came without training wheels and she has already learned to ride it.
No comments:
Post a Comment