Saturday, August 21, 2010

the Little Women Choose Their Christmas Fabric

I realize that Christmas is months away, but if I don’t begin the Christmas dresses for my Little Women soon, I’m afraid I’ll not get them done in time for the holidays.  This weekend JoAnn was having a big fabric sale, so I packed up the big girls + Nathaniel-the-handy-seatbelt-buckler and headed south.

Their wine-colored coats I made them last year still fit, so we needed a fabric that would both coordinate with the coat and also be different from last year.  Dark blue corduroy was my choice for last year, so dark blue was out.  Because of the coat color, red was out, as was orange, pink, and purple.  Cream seemed impractical for messy girls, black seemed too mature, so we opted for hunter green stretch velvet for the bodice and sparkly hunter green satin for the skirt.  They love it, and I’ll love it if I can manage working with slippery fabric. 

I bought enough fleece to make a coat for Patie last year, but I never did get around to it.  I am getting around to it this year, though, and I cut it out today.  Four dresses and a coat should be enough to keep me busy until Christmas, don’t ya think?  And then it will be time to begin their Easter dresses! 

No comments: