Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jeni Dries Her Tears

The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord. 

I am doing fine, both physically and emotionally.  I won’t lie and say I haven’t cried, but I know God does what is best for me, and this time I don’t just take that on faith.  I see that a pregnancy right now would be a harder providence than a miscarriage.  And this has opened my heart to receive children in the future more than any other thing could have.  So it is good.  I’ve dried my tears and I’m moving on, loving my husband, nurturing and discipling the seven children I have.  I’ll continue to train for races.  And maybe I’ll even try the panacea of mopping my floors if I begin to feel distressed again. 

One thing I will not do is keep quiet when I get pregnant again.  The first time I miscarried was a lonely time because so few people knew I was even pregnant.  I told lots of people this time, I have felt the prayers of God’s people on my behalf, and all is well with my soul.

1 comment:

Candra Georgi said...

I'm so sorry Jennifer. I think it's wise to share. I feel so bad later when I find out that someone suffered and healed alone. This is what friends are for. Praying.

"The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit."

Psalm 34:18