Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Jeni Kills Bugs

I grew up hearing my father’s mantra: poison, don’t drown.  And dad, I promise I didn’t drown the palmetto bug, AKA roach, I just found on your stairway (please God, let it be the same one I saw last night and not another), but I did spray until I saw a struggle.

And then what to do with the dead body?  I toyed with the idea of leaving it for my father, as I have left many a cat hairball in times past, but I have this big Patie bug who would most certainly put it in her mouth if she found it, so I had to dispose of it.  Tore off a foot of aluminum foil (so as not to hear the Crrunnnch of the exoskeleton), but decided to go with the vacuum instead.  Something about three feet of hose between me and the corpse was comforting, ya know.

My title says bugss, plural, so I’ll mention in passing that I also killed a spider and an earwig.  Brave me.  That leaves only one unidentified brown bug on my dad’s chair that escaped my wrath, but I sprayed the floor next to his chair just in case…

I think I’ll go do something productive now, like reinstall Office on my computer. 

1 comment:

Tina said...

Jeni, ROFL!!!!