Friday, May 21, 2010

an Innocent Spider is Smashed and Other Exciting Things Happen

What do you do when you see a black spider with red on its back?  Do you stop to google “black widow spider” to see if what you have is the real deal?  Do you fuss over the red not really looking like an hour-glass shape?  No.  I tell you, you don’t.  When you see a black spider with a red stripe of whatever shape crawling out of a cabinet in your kitchen, you make your special spider noise and promptly…tell your husband to kill it.  Which he did.  The hard part was examining the corpse to discover exactly what kind of spider we had.  Several searches ended unsuccessfully until I tried “black spider with a red stripe on its back” and landed on a photo of our dearly deceased red striped spider. 

Actually, I lied about the “other exciting things,” because there really haven’t been any.  I just didn’t want you to think I’d abandoned my blog, and the spider thing was a handy excuse to let people know that even though the spider is no longer alive, I am. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

"Special spider noise"---ROFL.

Anonymous said...

You are a fantastic writer. Also, you need to teach me the spider noise. It could come in handy.