Saturday, May 08, 2010

the Bands Played

The Joyful Noise Band Spring Concert was last night, and two surprising things happened that are noteworthy.  First was the nearly solo that Bradford played.  Did he mention this?  No.  And that’s a good thing.  He didn’t mention it because he didn’t think it was a big deal, and when he played it with the Baritone player they’ve imported from the advanced band in order to boost the low brass section, he wasn’t the least bit nervous.  It sounded really good—I couldn’t tell if he was playing alone or with someone.  Hooray for Bradford!

The other surprising thing was Ben winning a merit scholarship for his tuition next year.  I had stepped out to the lobby with Patie Bug, who was giggling loudly at everyone behind her, so I missed the announcement.  My mom thought I’d want to know, so she came and told me to go see where my son was.  Well, Bradford was with me, Nate was with the family, and oh!no! what bad thing had Ben done.  He had been serious about his music practice and well-behaved in class, that’s what.  Hooray for Ben! This pretty much made our night, because with the scholarship and the Bruster’s coupon sales combined, Joyful Noise will be ridiculously affordable next year. 

We celebrated at Rita’s with the entire family, plus the grandparents.  Yum. 

Last year at this time Sophie wanted to play a pink princess flute, but she’s matured a lot.  She now wants to play a pink trumpet. 

No comments: