Above is a fairly accurate map of our downstairs, as drawn on the computer by Bradford. In the lower right-hand corner is a small rectangle in a larger rectangle. That represents the frog tank on the bookcase. The question is simple: after leaving the tank via a small hole in the back, where did the frog go? African clawed-frogs cannot live out of water, so there is no question of rescuing the frog (oh the tears, the tears), but still, for the sake of curiosity, I’d like to know where she lieth deceased.
I assume that frogs, like lizards, do not give off enough odor when dead for me to be able to detect her presence through the use of my nose, and when I tried to sniff her out today, the only thing I was quite certain I smelled was Patie’s diaper. Since I can’t imagine a dead frog smelling anywhere near that bad, I’ll just let the kids look for her. Because I’m not sure I want to come across a dead frog in my house.
So there you have it. The female African clawed frog, who under normal circumstances would live over 20 years, doesn’t make it for 2 in our house, and our Rule About Pets remains as true as ever.
1 comment:
"I'd like to know where she lieth deceased."
Oh my goodness, you are SUCH a great writer!
Post a Comment