Wow. That was hard. Since coming back to training this year, I’ve only run over 4 miles twice—last week and today. Yeah. So if there was a category for half-trained, slightly-pudgy mothers-of-seven, I would have won.
It was also great, great fun. I ran on part of the trail I had not previously run before, crossed a 12 inch deep, 6 foot wide creek, and had over a hundred others running with me. I started at the very, very back and slowly picked people off. Not many though, because I was one of the last to cross the line. However, no one else had their entire family waiting at the finish line. Honestly, coming out the woods and seeing Mark with all the kids waiting for me was the best part of the whole race.
The second best was getting to take four bunches of bananas home with us—can you guess what we’re having for dessert tomorrow?
1 comment:
You are NOT slightly pudgy!
Four bunches of bananas? Merciful heavens. I can't fathom what dessert four bunches of bananas becomes.
Post a Comment