One of the fun things about living in a new place for a week is to see how the children adapt. They brought a few favorite stuffed animals and books with them, but for the most part they’re playing with and reading what is here. We did NOT bring Mary Poppins. I am enjoying that particular advantage to the fullest.
We did, however, bring our imaginations. This morning I heard Sadie yelling at Grace. It was intense, and I figured Grace was being a bully to her, so I investigated. Grace had found a play plastic bottle, and was pretending to be Mary Poppins, pouring “medicine” from the bottle into a spoon and giving it to Sadie. But Sadie didn’t like the flavor of the pretend medicine being offered to her, and she was yelling “I don’t like Rum Punch!”
Another funny thing that originated with Mary Poppins is when Sadie corrected me for singing, “Feed the Birds, tuppence a bag.” It isn’t “feed the b-ir-ds'”, she insisted, it’s “feed the b-uh-ds”, in a perfect English accent. I’m not sure she realizes that b-uh-ds are the things that fly around and eat from our birdfeeders. or are they b-uh-d feeders?
No comments:
Post a Comment