Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sadie Tells Me How to Set Up the Bed

Sadie threw up this morning.  I hadn’t slept well, waking up very tense and thinking Nazis were coming for me and worried about the Jews I was hiding… three times this happened.  So when I heard her cry, I was too tired to move quickly.  Mark decided it was a false alarm, but when she cried again a few minutes later, I went in and found a wet spot on her bedspread.  Ick.  I put her on the floor in our bedroom with pillow, blanket, and requisite throw up bowl.  Later in the morning she woke up and felt I was cheating her.  Everyone knows that when you are sick, you get a mattress on the floor of mommy’s bedroom, and all she had was a fleece.  Mattress, check.  Pillow, check.  Throw up bowl, check.  Then she insisted a towel be placed under the throw up bowl, because I always do it that way.  Towel under throw up bowl, check.  All-righty.  She was ready to throw up in style, and she did.  Fortunately she seems to be better now, and she’s sleeping in Grace’s bed again. 

In other news, 3 patches of ice were found in Cherokee County, so public school is closed tomorrow.  Not so the Thompson Reformed School for Young Gentlemen.  I worked hard getting the school room organized, and we must carry on with our work.  Here’s to a good week.

No comments: