Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jeni Takes a Holiday

The kids are doing stuff on their own right now—Ben is working on a spreadsheet for his books, Nate is practicing recorder, Patience is napping, and Bradford is playing very sweetly with the girls.  Not wanting to upset our peaceful home, I have decided that I’m not going to enforce our schedule today.  Instead, I’m going to let them work on projects, practice, play, and do what school they can do without me while I work on projects, clean, cook, and do laundry.  My To-Do List in my head is quite scary, but I think if I wrote it down and just began doing something, I would feel less overwhelmed. 

1. Make turkey sausage.  The turkey is thawed, and if I don’t make it today, I’ll have to cook it, and who wants to eat plain ground turkey?! [DONE! and it took only 15 minutes to get it flash-freezing on cookie sheets.]

2.  Make dinner.  Not sure what, because we’ve been trying to use stuff up… maybe a pork loin.  [CHEESE- AND HERB-CRUSTED TILAPIA, easy!]

2b.I really need to get a new meal plan made so I don’t have to think of dinner all the time. [USE LAST YEAR’S]

3.  Make lunch.  Again, not sure what, because I don’t know what we have.  PBJ, anyone? [BAKED POTATOES, PEPPERONI, CHEESE, DONE!]

4.  Finish re-upholstering my chair.  Began yesterday, but I couldn’t find the staple gun. Mark brought it to me, so I need to use it. [DONE! with Ben’s help]

5.  Laundry.  At least one load, and get the laundry from yesterday folded and put away. [BEGUN! And the kids need to help with this]

6. Find the packing tape so I can get the box of plates that was sent me by mistake sent back.

7.  Clean my bathroom, or at least the tub and sinks.  The four girls took a bath last night, and since I didn’t clean it out last night, I must do it today.  The sinks get icky with toothpaste from the kids.

8.  Cut out Patie’s Easter dress. [DURING NAP. Or during winter break, less than three weeks away]

9.  Put away my recent fabric purchases. [STILL TO DO, BUT A FIVE MINUTE JOB]

10.  Figure out and begin the slipcovers for the breakfast room chairs. [BEGUN!]

11.  Sew the five breakfast room curtains. [That’s what winter break is for.]

12.  Cull the girls’ clothes. [ANOTHER DAY.  With the changing of the seasons, perhaps.]

13. Straighten the house. [WHY BOTHER?  The kids can do it later—it’s their stuff, anyway.]

Well, that’s a start.  I guess I can find enough on there to keep me busy and out of the bars. 

No comments: