I feel very serious today. I have no doubt that it will soon pass, especially with Patie leaning into my face and laughing in her precious baby laugh at me. I mean, how can I remain serious if I’m laughing at her every ten seconds? But the sermon today was powerful. My pastor is a good preacher in general, but because of the multitude of children sitting on, beside, and near me, I cannot always attend to the sermons as I would like. It is easy to cull Christianity down to a list of rules, but what you have left is Christ-less, and therefore not Christianity. Easy-listening legalism, he called it. How horrible to be so concerned with the living out of my faith that I could forget the Word becoming flesh and living it out perfectly on my behalf.
And now the serious mood is over, because Patie will make raspberries in my face and lean sweetly on my chest to see me better, but the effects should linger. Oh, to consciously love Jesus more than my sin!
No comments:
Post a Comment