Oh, the joys of used books! Cheaper than new, more convenient than using a library. I ordered something insane like a hundred used books for school, and now we are having fun seeing which ones come each day.
But what to do with them?!
Of course I can simply put them on a shelf, but then I would have to a)remember that I have them and b)remember where I put them. Remember when I was sleep-deprived with infant twins and couldn’t sleep one night because I was worried about what color everyone would be? Well now the same restlessness is upon me. Do I color code them by difficulty? by where they fit chronologically in history? separate biography, fiction, science? And then I step back and laugh at how dull my life must be to be fretting over such nonsense.
And yet I do fret, and the longer I fret the more books march into our house, making the job more difficult. And the more books that come in, the more books Ben and Nate steal and read before they are supposed to. Get a grip, Jen, and do something, for cryin’outloud. As my friend Mikey would probably tell me, “You’re not choosing a nursing home for your parents.” What color stickers I put on the books really doesn’t matter, matter, matter, matter, matter.
Whatever I do, I need to do quickly. This project has winter break all over it, which means my supply of colored stickers needs to be purchased in the next three weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment