Sunday, December 27, 2009

Jeni Goes Random

 

IMG_2451Disgusting picture, but oh so good ganache.  Hmmm.  I think I spelled that word right, but it’s coming up with red squiggles under it, which means it must be French.  Any food with a French name must be good.  The French even make raw vegetables taste good by calling them crudités.   Below is another nod to the French.  One is a crudité, and the other is meringue.  Can you tell which is which?  I promise I only put the sweet ones on the Bûche de Noël.  I’d only made this recipe one time before, so it was a bit nerve-wracking to do it with kids clamoring to help, asking for licks of this and that, or asking me questions about other unrelated things.  But it turned out okay, and with the help of strawberries to sweeten it a bit because I made a mistake in the recipe, it was really, really yummy.

 IMG_2465IMG_2507

 

The girls wanted me to get a picture of them on the reading chair, so here it is.

IMG_2460

 

Cute girls in jammies on Christmas evening.  The only problem was convincing a couple of them to come home to sleep.

  IMG_2549 IMG_2553 

Mark took about seventeen pictures of his orange juice, so I thought I’d share one of them with you. 

IMG_2569

 

The girls this morning before church.  Notice Grace’s short(er) hair.  She asked for it to be cut to her shoulders, but we said not until she was older.  I did, however, cut about 4 inches off.

 IMG_2575

Two shots of the family—one before church without Patie, because she was sleeping.  One after church with Patie, taken by our friend Taylor.

 IMG_2581 IMG_2582 

 

The twins this evening, dirty faces and all. 

IMG_2589

No comments: