Because my leg still hurts some when I run longer than a few miles, and even if it didn’t, I don’t think adding 10 miles to my long run when I have less than two weeks to train is wise.
There. Now you know. But there is no need to feel sympathetic, and please, whatever you do, don’t give me cyber hugs.
Because I’m not giving up running, and I still want to do a half marathon, but now I have to find a different one a little further out than two weeks. But I also want to finish the quilt I began, oh, 16 years ago. And if we’re going to have Christmas pictures made in the hand knit matching sweaters before Bradford leaves home, I need to learn to knit soon and get started on them. And I’ve begun sewing the girls’ winter dresses, and I’m loving that. Plus, I clean and cook and school the kids. Basically, I’m a really busy woman, and running keeps me sane and healthy, and I love it, especially when done on trails, but it isn’t my entire life. One day things will work out for me to run a race, but I won’t be fretting about it, now or ever.
2 comments:
for some reason, I feel this means me. Don't worry, I'll make sure to never do it again.
meant to tell you sorry if my cyber hugs annoyed you
Post a Comment