Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jeni is Glad the Day is Almost Over

It has been one of those days.  The kind you certainly don’t want to rehearse over and over in your mind, so why I’m blogging about it is a bit of a mystery.  Actually, I’ll spare you the bad moments.  They were many, and often, and, for the most part, stupid.  After one incident that nearly had me in tears, Ben and I were driving to Wal-mart, and he said “this is one of those ‘various trials', isn’t it?”

See, we’ve been memorizing James 1 this quarter in school.  I’ve memorized it previously in KJV, so I sorta mumble through it, putting archaic words in the wrong places.  But evidently memorizing, in however many versions, is not the same as putting it into practice.  In that, I’ve failed miserably.  Did I count this many-trialed day a JOY?  No, I’m ashamed to say I did not.  I gave in to my sinful, selfish heart, and had to be rebuked by my 9-year old. 

Here’s hoping tomorrow new fruit springs forth in my life and redemption is the theme of the day.

2 comments:

Tina said...

me too Jen... (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Thats the Beauty of bad days...tomarrow is a fresh start. Had mine Monday