Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jeni Has the Knack

Yes, the knack for choosing the most horrific days to go to boot camp.  Like the day it was snowing hard.  And the night it was about 2 degrees outside.  And today, when it is still 85 degrees at 9:30.  Yikes!  That was hot.  And humiliating, of course, because I’m so stinking out of shape. 

I also have a knack for knowing when to slow down.  I was actually late for an appointment today, but still I drove slowly, and sure enough, there was a cop on a motorcycle checking the speed of cars going my way. 

The appointment was kinda fun, because I had all 7 kids with me.  I toyed with the idea of leaving a responsible child or two home with Patience, but since I have exactly zero responsible children, that idea vanished pretty quickly.  Six of them played duplos, legos, or read books in the children’s waiting room, and Grace stayed with me.  In her Cinderella dress.  Sadie also made a fashion statement by wearing her winter boots in 95+ degree weather.  Well, whatever.  They behaved, the appointment was short, and I now have contacts that are comfortable. 

No comments: