For the most part, I can’t say that I’ve really enjoyed technology in the past 6-10 years. I think having up-to-date things has improved my views.
For instance, I had a love/hate relationship with our money management software. I loved the idea of having an envelope-based budgeting system, but it was tedious to use.
Oh, but now! I am in my free one-month trial for Mvelopes, and so far, I absolutely love it. No more typing in transactions, wondering where receipts are, etc. Oh, no. I log on, and all new transactions are there, waiting for me to assign them to the proper categories. Maybe I’ll hate it in 25 days, but for now, it rocks.
And then, there is blogging. I love to do it, but I hated putting pictures on using blogger due to all the editing involved. Now that I have my new computer, I simply click to enter LiveWriter, and it’s done. Pictures are a snap. Well, when you have pictures to upload, and that’s another story.
I am still battling the MuVo vs. iPod decision. My mom is going to let me upload a ton of audiobooks to her iPod for us to listen to on the way to Mississippi. After that jaunt, I may decide I simply must own one.
An aside: my foot is better, mostly because I’m staying off it as much as I can. We took the morning off school so the boys could help me get the cleaning under control. And then I called and talked to my cleaning guru guy on the phone, and after recovering from shock that it was him!, the guy who wrote the books that are changing my outlook on cleaning and my methods for accomplishing it easily, I asked the appropriate questions, and now I’m completely pysched to begin cleaning in a more efficient way with proper tools.
3 comments:
iPod.
Well, yeah, of course they are pretty much awesome, but awesomeness comes at a price.
And I already own the MuVo, because it was a more fiscally responsible decision when I bought it.
But I can dream...
Sell the muvo on ebay.
Post a Comment